Boonman looks at the NZCER survey, with his usual style and wit:
This week saw the release of a triennial piece of research from NICER, surveyed principals, teachers, boards of trustees members and parents. Here are some of the main bullet points from the NZCER media release:
- 92 percent of principals and 94 percent of teachers surveyed said they enjoyed their job.
- 72 percent of principals said their morale was high or very high, down from 87 percent in 2010.
- 74 percent of teachers reported high or very high morale, compared with 86 percent in 2010.
- 48 percent of principals reported high or very high stress levels, compared with 37 percent in 2010.
- Principals reported working 56 to 60 hours a week on average, much the same as a decade ago.
It is certainly unsurprising that teacher and principal morale is falling. We are under constant attack either because we aren’t qualified enough, not working hard enough, or for being intransigent…
View original post 459 more words