Make sure the new teacher and principal roles announced by government work out the way you want them to…
Please take note of this information from Kaimanga, newsletter of the New Zealand Teachers Council, and contact your reps to have your say:
Have Your Say
The Government plans to have these roles in place from 2015 with full implementation in 2017.
A working group made up of education sector representatives, including unions, will be charged with fleshing out the details of this initiative.
The following sector representatives have been invited to be a part of the sector working group:
- Lorraine Kerr, President, New Zealand School Trustees’ Association
- Nancy Bell, Chief Executive, Te Tari Puna Ora o Aotearoa and member, EDUCANZ Transition Board
- Judith Nowotarski, National President, New Zealand Educational Institute
- Angela Roberts, President, Post Primary Teachers’ Association
- Philip Harding, President, New Zealand Principals’ Federation
- Tom Parsons, President, Secondary Principals’ Association of New Zealand
- John Garner, President, New Zealand Area Schools’ Association
- Toni Waho, TiamanaTe Rūnanga Nui ō ngā Kura Kaupapa Māori ō Aotearoa
- Arihia Stirling, Ngā Kura a Iwi o Aotearoa and member, EDUCANZ Transition Board
- Ross Tyson, President, New Zealand Association of Intermediate and Middle Schooling
- Unasa Enosa Auva’a, President, Pasifika Principals Association
Teachers should contact and work with these representatives to influence the detail that emerges in the implementation of this initiative.