- A military prep school for 16 and 17-year-olds called Advance Training Centres Ltd
- C-Me Mentoring Foundation Trust
- Rise Up Trust
- Villa Education Trust (applied to open 3 schools)
A few facts and figures on who showed initial interest in opening a charter school:
- 15 Maori and Pasifika organisations (just over half the list)
- 7 Christian organisations
- 5 private schools
- 2 state schools
Who applied to open a charter school?
- Seven groups that showed initial interest went on to apply to set up charter schools.
- Three were rejected
- Destiny Church was one of those rejected. The others are not known at this stage (31/7/13)
For more news as it breaks, click to follow the site (top right).