Karran Harper Royal asks some very important questions about choice:
- “Is it really school choice to continuously move children around in search of a better school option? Is this school reform?”
- “At what point do we get to reforming schools in our communities so parents don’t have to constantly move children around?”
- “When will the Louisiana Department of Education provide parents with adequate information to make an informed choice?”
- “When will schools open up their doors so that parents can really see how their schools operate rather than give them the usual PR propaganda?”
Now ask yourself this:
- Is choice in and of itself valuable?
- What good is choice if the facts about schools are hidden by those running them?
- What if many of the options are dire?
Choice – not all it’s cracked up to be.
Read the whole article here.
Follow Karran on Twitter here.