I’m not changing the world on a grand scale – but I know I’m making a difference and that every little helps.
You don’t have to be Martin Luther King, Mahatma Gandhi or Malcolm X to do something.
Why Did You Start The Blog?
My little something is to use my love of social media to share the many things I read about education. I thought a few others might like to read them too. Turns out I was wrong… it wasn’t just a few that wanted to read them, but thousands. Huh! Go figure.
The first ever post was this one … “Nice Easy Solutions“. Not a bad start, if I say so myself 😉
Ten Thousand Hits and Counting
Here are some whimsical facts about the blog, to celebrate our ten thousandth hit – yahoo!
- Started in May 2012
- Got a thrilling 35 hits in its first month!
- By mid October, it had got 10,000 hits!!
- Readers are mostly from NZ, but also from UK, USA, Australia, Japan, Canada, Singapore, India and about 50 other countries, including 8 hits from Finland, and one hit each from as far afield as Oman, Jordan, Egypt, Mexico and Bangladesh.
- Most hits in one day was 574 on the day the Christchurch closures/mergers/relocations were announced.
- Traffic comes mostly from Facebook, Search engines and Twitter but from about 60 sources in total.
- Most intriguing search term that lead to us ‘How to write apology letter to teacher’
- Most comments have been by Barbara – thanks 🙂
Top Five Posts So Far ( Oct 22, 2012)
- Restoring Education in Canterbury – A Note from Hekia Parata
- Not Your Average End of Term Newsletter (Chisnallwood Intermediate, Chch)
- Christchurch – New Schools, New Costs
- Release of Primary School Data Disingenuous, Destructive and Deluded – Martin Thrupp
- Pasi Sahlberg Part 1 – A Dream Finnish Line
So, what will you do to make even more of a difference? Click on the ‘Act Now’ tab at the top, and make a start.
Because, if I can do it, anyone can!
PS thank you to all the readers so far – you make it all so much more fun than just rambling on to myself… 😉